Saturday 17 April 2010

It's Record Store Day!

Whenever I'm in London, there's nothing more I like doing than having a wander down Berwick Street off Oxford Road, to stop by my favourite haunt Sister Ray Records. I never fail to leave there without picking up something (last time it was a cheap copy of Pavement's Slow Century DVD), and the place always reminds me of the importance of the independent record store, and the pleasure that comes from leafing through their stock, and finding that rare EP you've been looking for, or making that impulse purchase that you later come to treasure. Sister Ray is one of a number of stores in the UK (and indeed the world), participating in Record Store Day, so check out which stores near you are taking part near you, and give them your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment